A premium foundry sand additive to improve sand flowability and to enhance physical characteristics of green sand molds.
Ven-Cast™ is a micronized, surface modified organic fiber derivative. It is composed of solid, elongated, fibrous particles which range in size from a few microns to 1 mm in length. Ven-Cast™ is prepared by chemical and mechanical degradation of selected organic fibers. The extremely fine fibers are chemically modified to produce a novel class of derivatives, having unique properties from most commercially available products. The primary application of Ven-Cast™ is in sand systems used for casting aluminum, magnesium, brass and bronze alloys.
Ven-Cast™ provides the following benefits:
- improves flowability of the molding sand;
- increases dry strength;
reduces water requirements;
- develops excellent pattern conformity;
- retains sharp edges of the mold;
- inhibits expansion defects;
- promotes cleaner sand peel;
- has negligible smoke and/or fumes;
- does not waterproof bentonites.