Ven-Block™ is a blend of special organic polymers and auxiliary complexing chemicals. The blended product forms a time-delayed, self-complexing plug. Ven-Block™ forms a tough, insoluble, rubbery material that can be used as a temporary or permanent lost circulation product in drilling, completion, and workover fluids. Ven-Block™ can be mixed in fresh water, sea water, potassium chloride, sodium chloride, or brines. The product can be weighted up to 19 lb/gal with barite or iron carbonate. Lower weights can be achieved with calcium carbonate or sized salts. Ven-Block™ is a nontoxic, noncorrosive, and nonpolluting polymerbased lost circulation material.
1) Can be used in place of conventional lost circulation material to stop lost circulation and prevent blow-outs.
2) Recommended for all types of lost circulation zones.
3) Seals fractured limestone/dolomite, sandstone, and shale.
4) Small pills of Ven-Block™ can be used to stabilize unconsolidated gravel zones.
5) Small pills can be spotted in high permeability sand to minimize differential sticking.
6) A 10-20 bbl pill of Ven-Block™ ahead of the cement can prevent loss of low viscosity cement.
7) Water flows can be shut off by squeezing Ven-Block™ into the zone prior to drilling ahead.
8) Ven-Block™ can be used in conjunction with other lost circulation materials such as VEN-PLUG™/VEN-PLEX™ for improved plugging and drilling operations.
B. Workover and completion
1) Ven-Block™ can be used for sealing casing leads in old or damaged casing and tubing strings.
2) Ven-Block™ can be used to correct injection profiles and water injection on disposal wells.
3) Ven-Block™ can be used to stop lost circulation of highly permeable sands during workover operations.
4) Ven-Block™ can be designed to revert to a low viscosity water solution at a predetermined time by using a small concentration of VEN-BREAK™ 15, enzyme breaker. Set times can be extended by using VEN-XTEND™.
5) Ven-Block™ may be spotted inside a tubing or work string. It then acts as a readily removable plug. A concentric tubing string or coiled tubing may be worked through this plug.
6) Ven-Block™ is useful for diverting acid during well cleanup or stimulation operations.
Ven Block PDS