Ven-ALK™ is a highly efficient, multi-purpose mud conditioner for water base muds. Ven-ALK™ is a pre-reacted salt produced by the reaction of sodium hydroxide with selectively mined “Leonardite” (a highly oxidized North Dakota Lignite).
Ven-ALK™ is used in water based muds to
(1) reduce viscosity and gels in order to maintain desirable flow properties
(2) improve aging characteristics in high temperature fluids by controlling fluidity
(3) reduce high pressure, high temperature filtrates and provide tough, thin filter cakes
(4) thin and emulsify oil-in-water or liquid lubricant containing fluids
(5) reduce effects of contaminants
(6) control the equivalent circulation density by maintaining suitable flow properties. Pre-reactions or pre-solubilization of the lignite with caustic soda eliminates the need to add free caustic at the rig site where native muds or low pH muds are being used.
Ven-ALK™ can be used to thin almost all types and densities of water based drilling fluids. In addition, it will function as an effective emulsifier in oil-in-water muds and will provide some emulsification and dispersing properties for liquid lubricants. Ven-ALK™ can be used to stabilize salt contaminated muds.Ven-ALK™ is effective as a high temperature filter loss additive in water based mud systems.
Ven Alk PDS